This project is read-only.

marker help

Apr 26, 2010 at 1:36 PM
Hi I have used the vvt program to create 4 markers, then used the marker tool provided to make on marker out of the 4 along with getting the config.txt and added them to the project. i have replaced the ground marker with my own marker re built and re run the program and now neither marker will work.below is the code i have changed to try and replace the standard marker with my own // Create a marker node to track a ground marker array. if (markerLibrary == MarkerLibrary.ALVAR) { // Create an array to hold a list of marker IDs that are used in the marker // array configuration (even though these are already specified in the configuration // file, ALVAR still requires this array) int[] ids = new int[4]; for (int i = 0; i < ids.Length; i++) ids[i] = i; groundMarkerNode = new MarkerNode(scene.MarkerTracker, "ALVARConfig.txt", ids); } else { groundMarkerNode = new MarkerNode(scene.MarkerTracker, "ground"); } any help in where I've gone wrong would be greatly appreciated James
Coordinator
Apr 30, 2010 at 1:14 AM

Are you using the MarkerLayout program from v3.3 release? If so, there is a problem in it, so you want to download the version from v3.4 release.

I can point out exactly what is wrong with the generated config.txt if you copy the values in the text file here.

Ohan

May 1, 2010 at 2:55 PM
hi Ohna i have tried to use 3.4s marker tool and got this in a text file // This file is generated by MarkerLayout program created by Ohan Oda (ohan@cs.columbia.edu) 4 0 1 2 3 2 2 2 2 0 -10.8 0 10.8 -10.8 0 10.8 0 0 0 0 0 0 -28 0 10.8 -28 0 10.8 -17.2 0 0 -17.2 0 17.2 -10.8 0 28 -10.8 0 28 0 0 17.2 0 0 17.2 -28 0 28 -28 0 28 -17.2 0 17.2 -17.2 0 but it still doesn't recognise when the marker that i have created.
May 8, 2010 at 6:12 AM

I am experiencing a similar issue. I've tried on both 3.1.3 and 3.1.4 to generate new markers but the system does not appear to detect them. One example file is:

// This file is generated by MarkerLayout program created by Ohan Oda (ohan@cs.columbia.edu)

0 -9 0

9 -9 0

9 0 0

0 0 0

I've compared it to the standard files included with the tutorials, and I can't find a difference. Any ideas?

Coordinator
May 9, 2010 at 2:34 PM

The config files look correct for both of you.

Hmm... I probably need to take look at your codes to figure out what's wrong. 

Ohan

Coordinator
May 10, 2010 at 4:21 AM

By the way, if you're simply tracking single marker, then you should do the following:

MarkerNode singleMarker = new MarkerNode(scene.MarkerTracker, 42, 9.0);
Ohan

May 10, 2010 at 8:21 AM

Hi in what way do you mean single marker? As in only one marker for the whole program or one marker for one thing apposed to a group of markers to represent one?

James

Sent: 10 May 2010 04:22
To: james.j01@gmail.com
Subject: Re: marker help [goblinxna:210553]

By the way, if you're simply tracking single marker, then you should do the following:

MarkerNode singleMarker = new MarkerNode(scene.MarkerTracker, 42, 9.0);

Ohan

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (goblinxna@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email goblinxna@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Coordinator
May 10, 2010 at 10:56 AM

Sorry for the confusion, my reply was for stauffec;s case. For your case, you're using multi-marker.

The file looks OK, and I don't know why it's not working for you.

It always worked for me, and other people in our lab, so I doubt that there is an error in MarkerLayout program.

Unfortunately, I'm busy till 14th, so I won't have time look into your specific problem.

Ohan

May 10, 2010 at 11:38 AM

stauffec, JamesJones,

I generated a config file using the MarkerLayout program last week and it didn't work at first.  I don't exactly know what did it, but I opened the file in Visual Studio, got rid of that comment in the first line, got rid of some extra decimals that I didn't need, and I think VS automatically changed the line endings, too.  One of those things must have solved whatever was causing the issue, because it worked afterwards.

Mengu

May 10, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Hi could you send me your txt files so I can see what is relevant and what isn’t please.

James

Sent: 10 May 2010 11:38

stauffec, JamesJones,

I generated a config file using the MarkerLayout program last week and it didn't work at first. I don't exactly know what did it, but I opened the file in Visual Studio, got rid of that comment in the first line, got rid of some extra decimals that I didn't need, and I think VS automatically changed the line endings, too. One of those things must have solved whatever was causing the issue, because it worked afterwards.

Mengu

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (goblinxna@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email goblinxna@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Coordinator
May 10, 2010 at 12:57 PM

Oops, I just realized that I forgot to delete the //this file is generated by.... comment.

ARTag used to be able to recognize the comment, but not ALVAR. Please delete the comment, and I believe it should work.

Ohan

May 10, 2010 at 1:17 PM

I have tried deleting the comment and getting rid of all the decimals( as another user advised) but still having no luck I also tried the single marker thing but that also failed to work. I’m not sure what the marker would look like for 42,9.0. I’m hoping to have more than one marker working by the 20th and thank you greatly for helping especially as your busy. While trying your suggestions I’m working on other aspects of the game such as animation and inter action. Would it be possible if I rar the whole tutorial for you to see if you can get it to run when your free perhaps it’s my machine.

James

Sent: 10 May 2010 12:57

Oops, I just realized that I forgot to delete the //this file is generated by.... comment.

ARTag used to be able to recognize the comment, but not ALVAR. Please delete the comment, and I believe it should work.

Ohan

Nov 22, 2010 at 1:45 AM

Hey i know it has passed like idk how many months since the last post in this thread, but for everyone else that is having this problem, I dont know why but i solved this by just changing the "Copy to Output Directory" field in my array.txt file, to "copy if newer". have no idea why it solved that, but thank god it did. :)

Coordinator
Nov 23, 2010 at 2:49 AM

They need to be stored in the /bin directory (or wherever you're generating your .exe), so you need to set it to "copy if newer". copy if newer copies the file from any directory you added the file to the solution explorer to the designated /bin directory.

Ohan