This project is read-only.

SampleCamCalib project and calib.xml

Jun 7, 2010 at 10:44 PM

Although this isn't completely goblinXNA related I thought this may be the best place to ask.

I've been trying to get tutorial - 8 working, and as the readme for it tell me, I will need calib.xml generated by the SampleCamCalib project. But no such project exists in my alvar folders. I've ran Alvar 1.3.0/build/msvc90/generate.bat and  Alvar 1.3.0/build/msvc90/build/Alvar.sln.bat, which were supposed to generate this project, but they unfortunatly did not. I'm probably missing something increadibly simple here,, but I can't figure out what this is. I've redownloaded and installed alvar 3 times, I've gone through all the subfolders (and those of GoblinXNA aswell to be sure) multiple times in search of something executable or a project or sln file, but without luck. 

The web did not offer much of a solution either as most sources see,ed to simply assume that the file is there.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Coordinator
Jun 9, 2010 at 1:12 AM

If you properly make the solution using CMake with Alvar 1.3.0/build/msvc90/generate.bat, then you should see a Alvar 1.3.0/build/msvc90/build/Alvar.sln. Just open up this solution file and compile it. It should have a directory called Alvar 1.3.0/build/msvc90/build/sample/SampleCamCalib.dir . If you don't see this directory, please contact VTT.

Ohan

Jun 9, 2010 at 10:01 AM

The first step created a folder for me (Alvar 1.3.0/build/msvc90/build) with only a file called Alvar.sln.bat in it, which upon executing didn't do anything but flash a screen, after carefuly timing a printscreen, the text turned out to be:

"Setting enviroment for using Microsoft visual Studio 2008 x86 tools.  'devenv' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

Devenv.exe is found at E:\VisualStudio\Common7\IDE on my computer though, and installing alvar on the E:\ disk didn't seem to fix it either. 

Coordinator
Jun 9, 2010 at 7:53 PM

Running generate.bat with CMake should create much more than just a Alvar.sln.bat in the build directory. When you run generate.bat, it should bring up the GUI version of CMake program. I never had to run Alvar.sln.bat. 

Ohan

Jun 11, 2010 at 9:53 AM

Running generate.bat never brought up CMake for me (did I miss a step here?), when launching CMake manually it did manage to create some files in build/msvc90/build, but not the ones that seemed to be necessary for the next step. (created files were Project.sln, ALL_BUILD and ZERO_CHECK projects, and some CMake files). 

Jun 15, 2010 at 9:12 PM
Edited Jun 15, 2010 at 9:23 PM

I have the same problem with the generate.bat and the Alvar solution.sln.bat.

Coordinator
Jun 16, 2010 at 9:37 AM

Do you have CMake (2.6 and above) installed? I had similar problem when I run generate.bat in 64-bit Windows 7 machine, so what I usually do is run it on an XP machine, and then transfer the generated project files to my 64-bit Windows 7 machine (it requires directory changes in the .proj files though), but I believe this is CMake issue rather than ALVAR. I'm pretty sure running generate.bat on a 32-bit XP machine will properly pop up CMake, and asks you to input the proper directories to find GL and OpenCV headers and libraries. I don't know if this is the case for 64-bit XP or Vista machine. 

Ohan

Coordinator
Jun 16, 2010 at 9:38 AM

Newer version of CMake can be a problem too, so try with CMake 2.6 since I know it works.

Ohan

Jun 28, 2010 at 11:31 AM

After much trying I finally figured out the stupid mistake, apparantly I haden't added CMake to the system tray during the install. After this there were some other minor hiccups during the configuration, such as dlls in the wrong folder, completely missing dlls, among some others. But eventually the tutorial worked. All thats left is figuring out how to get it to use my camera instead of the static image, but that doesn't seem impossible (yet).

Thanks for your help.

Ephel

Jun 29, 2010 at 6:21 PM

I've been having problems with this too.  I have no experience with CMake so I don't really know what I'm doing.  Is all you need to do is run generate.bat, and then when the CMake GUI pops up hit Configure?

Here's my errors.

CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to "Visual Studio 8 2005". CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set. You probably need to select a different build tool.

CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:C:/Program Files/Alvar 1.3.0/build/msvc80/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeCCompiler.cmake

CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:C:/Program Files/Alvar 1.3.0/build/msvc80/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeCXXCompiler.cmake

Aug 7, 2010 at 4:37 PM
<abbr></abbr>

<input id="ctl00_ctl00_MasterContent_Content_PostRepeater_ctl16_PostId" name="ctl00$ctl00$MasterContent$Content$PostRepeater$ctl16$PostId" type="hidden" value="460584" />

After much trying I finally figured out the stupid mistake, apparantly I haden't added CMake to the system tray during the install. After this there were some other minor hiccups during the configuration, such as dlls in the wrong folder, completely missing dlls, among some others. But eventually the tutorial worked. All thats left is figuring out how to get it to use my camera instead of the static image, but that doesn't seem impossible (yet).

Thanks for your help.

Ephel

Can you explain with more details this step? Please?

Aug 9, 2010 at 9:46 AM
Edited Aug 9, 2010 at 9:47 AM

Adding CMake to the system tray you mean? Well, during the installation of CMake, the installationwizard should  ask you if you want to add CMake to the system tray. Try reinstalling CMake and wait for the question.