This project is read-only.

MarkerNode problem

Feb 27, 2011 at 5:30 PM

I have been using Tutorial 8 to test using markers/marker arrays that I have generated myself. I have been trying to use the ALVARConfig.txt file that gets generated when you run the MarkerLayout tool without changing any of the variables (It creates a layout with markers 0 - 3). When I run the program using either  ALVARGroundArray.xml or Toolbar.txt for the MarkerNode it works fine, but if I sub in the ALVARConfig.txt file, the program runs, but the box and the sphere don't appear. The program doesn't seem to recognize the configuration files that I create myself. Do you know why this is happening?

Also, whenever I run the MarkerLayout tool, the configuration file has 4 box-like characters at the end. I thought they might have been the problem so I tried deleting them, but it still didn't work. Anyway, if you could shed some light on this that would be great!

Thanks!

Mar 2, 2011 at 6:59 PM

Hi,

I had the same problem but I wanted to use my individual markers instead of ALVARGroundArray.xml or Toolbar.txt. What I did was that I created my own markers using the tool in ALVAR samplemarkerdetector and then I modified the Tutorial 8 identify these markers I have created. 

e.g If you create a marker with ID 0 using the tool in ALVAR , I modified the tutorial as  groundMarkerNode = new MarkerNode(scene.MarkerTracker, 0); and for a marker with ID 1 it would be groundMarkerNode = new MarkerNode(scene.MarkerTracker, 1); .

Im still a beginner to Goblin and I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Janidu

Mar 4, 2011 at 12:47 AM

Thank you! I was eventually going to use single markers and your code worked perfectly. Thanks!

Coordinator
Mar 5, 2011 at 8:40 PM

We will have a documentation on this sometime soon regarding creating your custom marker and configuration.

Ohan