ALVARWrapper.dll unable to load

Sep 1, 2011 at 7:30 PM
Edited Sep 1, 2011 at 7:31 PM

When I try to run ARDominos, I get this exception. I have downloaded OpenCV1.0, restarted. Copied everything needed. But no luck. The problem I think is, when I build AlvarWrapper1.5 it creates ALVARWrapper1.5.dll not ALVARWrapper.dll, so I just try to run with that but that doesn't work. So I change the name of the dll to ALVARWrapper.dll, no luck. Also I ran depends.exe and installed what is missing. But again no luck. I have window7.

The error is:

Unable to load DLL 'ALVARWrapper.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

Thanks for help.

Coordinator
Sep 2, 2011 at 3:30 AM

I believe you have copied the necessary OpenCV 1.0 dlls and ALVAR dlls (e.g., cv.dll, alvar.dll, and so on) as well?

Have you tried tutorial 8, which also uses AlvarWrapper?

Ohan

Sep 2, 2011 at 3:34 AM

yes I copied everything. it didn't work in Tutorial8 as well. but I finally figured it out. I had to put the complete path of ALVARWrapper1.5.dll into ALVARDllBridge.cs and now it works. 

Sep 2, 2011 at 8:52 PM

ok now I have the same problem in tutorial 13. this time it can't find "iwrstdrv.dll". but now i can't find it either. i don't know if i have it somewhere in my system. and can't find it on the web. any suggestion? i guess i need to add the full path of it to iWearTracker.cs too. 

Sep 14, 2011 at 6:24 PM
btevfik wrote:

yes I copied everything. it didn't work in Tutorial8 as well. but I finally figured it out. I had to put the complete path of ALVARWrapper1.5.dll into ALVARDllBridge.cs and now it works. 

What do you mean by "I had to put complete path of ALVARWrapper1.5.dll into ALVARDllBridges.cs" how to go about this? I tried everything but still failed.

Sep 15, 2011 at 2:57 AM

do you mean adding the reference path in the project properties settings

Sep 16, 2011 at 5:24 AM
Edited Sep 16, 2011 at 5:28 AM

when you go to ALVARDllBridges.cs, under  #region Dll Imports. double click to open.

you will see.

put the path like "C:\\user\\GoblinXNAv3.6\\dlls\\unmanaged\\ALVARWrapper1.5.dll"

Sep 19, 2011 at 1:18 AM

not successful either. i'm starting to pulling my hair off. hmm....any other ideas.... i'm debugging it now drill down to see what is the real culprit

Sep 20, 2011 at 8:26 AM
arrezes wrote:

not successful either. i'm starting to pulling my hair off. hmm....any other ideas.... i'm debugging it now drill down to see what is the real culprit

perhaps the compiler didn't not accept long file name for the Tutorial8 - Optical Marker Tracking. It went smooth when I run the CameraCalibration because Alvarwrapper which resides in the CameraCalibration folder which is in one word

Sep 21, 2011 at 9:40 AM

Finally, I managed to run Tutorial8. My bad! I didn't notice that I compile AlvarWrapper.dll with C++ 2010. After installing 2008 all my problems solved. There are slight problems here and there with the AlvarWrapper.sln with regard to include directories. I had to key in back again the path to the directories because the existing ones seems to not working.

cheers!!

Coordinator
Sep 22, 2011 at 2:22 AM

The installation guide mentions that you should use VS 2008 to compile it as well as the include directories that you need to change, so please read through the installation guide carefully.

Ohan

Nov 16, 2011 at 2:06 PM
Edited Nov 16, 2011 at 2:07 PM

Hello,

I have installed the new Goblig XNA version 4.0 beta 2 following the instalation guide. I have compiled ALVARWrapper.dll with Visual Studio C++ 2008 Express and copied the dll to unmanaged directory. I'm trying to run Tutorial 8 with Visual Studio 2010 Professional and I have the same error.

DllNotFoundException:

Unable to load DLL 'ALVARWrapper.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

at GoblinXNA.Device.Vision.ALVARDllBridge.alvar_init()
   at GoblinXNA.Device.Vision.Marker.ALVARMarkerTracker.InitTracker(Object[] configs) in D:\XNA\GoblinXNAv4.0\src\Device\Vision\Marker\ALVARMarkerTracker.cs:line 346
   at Tutorial8___Optical_Marker_Tracking.Tutorial8.SetupMarkerTracking() in D:\XNA\GoblinXNAv4.0\tutorials\Tutorial8 - Optical Marker Tracking\Tutorial8.cs:line 181
   at Tutorial8___Optical_Marker_Tracking.Tutorial8.Initialize() in D:\XNA\GoblinXNAv4.0\tutorials\Tutorial8 - Optical Marker Tracking\Tutorial8.cs:line 108
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
   at Tutorial8___Optical_Marker_Tracking.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\XNA\GoblinXNAv4.0\tutorials\Tutorial8 - Optical Marker Tracking\Program.cs:line 15

In my managed directory:

DirectX.Capture.dll
   DShowNET.dll
   Lidgren.Network.dll
   NewtonWrapper.dll
   Nuclex.Fonts.Content.TrueTypeImporter.dll
   Nuclex.Fonts.dll
   Nuclex.Fonts.xml

In my unmanaged directory:

alvar150.dll
   alvarplatform150.dll
   ALVARWrapper.dll
   cv100.dll
   cvaux100.dll
   cvcam100.dll
   cxcore100.dll
   highgui100.dll
   Newton.dll

I tried to add the reference manually (Add reference -> Browse tab -> select ALVARWrapper.dll), but is not posible:

A reference to 'D:\XNA\GoblinXNA4.0\dlls\unmanaged\ALVARWrapper.dll' could not be added. Please make sure that the file is accessible, and that it is a valid assembly or COM component.

I don't know what can I do, please I need help!

Thank you.

EDIT:

I see that installation guide is for 3.6 version, is any proble with this?

Coordinator
Nov 16, 2011 at 5:01 PM

See http://goblinxna.codeplex.com/discussions/73134 

Nov 17, 2011 at 8:07 AM

Thank you!! It is helpfull!!