This project is read-only.

ALVARWrapper.dll / ALVAR150D.dll - Side-by-Side Configuration error (14001)

Sep 5, 2011 at 3:49 PM

I've just started to use the Goblin XNA framework, currently trying to use the CameraCalibration.sln to calibrate my camera, but once I build and debug it I get the following error: 

Unable to load DLL 'ALVARWrapper.dll': The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)

In dependency walker I loaded 'ALVARWrapper.dll' and I get the following errors:

Error: The Side-by-Side configuration information for "d:\my documents\**user**\ar-demo\goblinxnav3.6\dlls\unmanaged\ALVAR150D.DLL" contains errors. The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail (14001).
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.

How do I solve this problem?

Thank you!

Tom

Sep 6, 2011 at 10:05 AM
Edited Sep 6, 2011 at 1:10 PM

Ok I solved the problem, please close/delete topic. I didn't compile ALVARWrapper.dll as Release, I did it as Debug and that was the problem. So I compiled in Release and the problem was solved :).