This project is read-only.

AlvarWrapper2.0

May 8, 2012 at 3:34 PM
Edited May 9, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Hello all,

Alvar 2.0 already has markerless detector, has anyone use it?

I'm not very good in c++, trying to look AlvarWrapper1.5 source code and has no idea how to make the AlvarWrapper2.0. 

anyone kind to share?

May 9, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Looking at the AlvarWrapper1.5 project only have few lines codes.

but trying to understand and add alvar2.0 markerlessDectector is complicated.

is there any guidelines I can follow and learn on how to make AlvarWrapper2?

May 16, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Hi! I'm very interested in this discussion too. Recently I have read that they are going to publish the wrapper for ALVAR 2.0 (during May).
I guessed they was waiting for an stable version of the ALVAR 2.0 library. I hope they do it soon because it's a good tool for development.

Coordinator
May 18, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Just to let you know that we have already wrapped 2.0 including their feature-based tracker. We'll release it after they release their 'release' version since the compilation instruction will change quite a bit from their beta version. However, please be warned that as of beta version, the feature-based tracking is not very stable compared to their marker-based tracking. For ALVAR, I would suggest sticking with their marker-based tracking since it's much better than any other libraries, but for feature-based one, unless they will have lots of improvements for their actual release, I wouldn't say it's very useful.

May 30, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Hi Ohanoda, thank you for your good work and time !

I am also interested into testing Alvar 2.0 mixed up with Goblin XNA.

I would like to know when will AlvarWrapper2.0 be released ?

Thanks

Coordinator
Jun 1, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Just realized that they released non-beta version of ALVAR 2.0 on May 29th. I will release ALVARWrapper2.0 by the end of June, and it will work on VS 2010 so that you don't need to install VS 2008 anymore.

Ohan

Jun 1, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Alright thanks a lot !

Coordinator
Jun 27, 2012 at 9:22 AM

It's been released

Jun 27, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Thanks for the release !

I have problems trying to run Tutorial 8. I get the following error :

Unable to load DLL 'ALVARWrapper.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

I compiled ALVARWrapper2.0 following the Installation Guide directives and copied ALVARWrapper.dll in the unmanaged folder as mentionned.

Do you have any idea what could be the problem here ?

Coordinator
Jun 27, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Have you copied other dlls mentioned in the installation guide to appropriate folders?

Jun 27, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Thank you for your reply.

I did copy the libraries to the appropriate folders, but I double checked and noticed that I took the OpenCV libraries from the Alvar 2.0 installation instead than from the OpenCV 2.4 installation (the sizes are different). I changed them and it's now working properly !