This project is read-only.

Problem with tutorial 8: AccessViolationException

Jun 3, 2012 at 4:34 AM

Hello all,

In the last couple of days I've been trying to make tutorial 8 work on my Windows 7 64bits. I've followed the installation guide carefully, had problems with AlvarWrapper.dll (not found) which I believe I've managed to solve... but now I get an AccessViolationException message when calling:

ALVARDllBridge.alvar_add_multi_marker(markerConfigName)

I haven't been able to find the answer in the discussions. I'm using windows 7 64 bits and Visual Studio 2010 (which may be the cause). Another detail is that after all this I tried using depends.exe on AlvarWrapper.dll, and it can't find gpsvc.dll or ieshims.dll. I can't simply copy these into the unmanaged folder, they're found in Windows\System32

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance

Coordinator
Jun 4, 2012 at 3:03 AM

Make sure that you have compiled AlvarWrapper using Visual Studio 2008, not 2010 as instructed in the installation guide.

Ohan

Jun 4, 2012 at 2:44 PM

You should download/copy any dlls that depends.exe requires into the Bin folder of your project also make sure your Alvar library isn't expired. 

Also make sure your marker config xmls are correct. You may be lacking the correct xml for the marker you are trying to call. 

Jun 6, 2012 at 7:58 PM

thank you for your answers.. it was indeed the Visual Studio 2008, had a hard time setting it up but now it works, thank you!

Coordinator
Jun 7, 2012 at 4:11 AM

The pain of installing VS 2008 will be gone from ALVAR 2.0 since they started to support VS 2010. Will be updated in the next release when I release ALVARWrapper 2.0.

Ohan

Jun 7, 2012 at 6:00 PM

that sounds great Ohan. Do you know when the next AlvarWrapper will be ready? or is it still too far away?

Coordinator
Jun 8, 2012 at 4:06 AM

Will be there by the end of June