Multi-threading, GPU

Nov 6, 2012 at 8:26 PM
Edited Nov 6, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Dear Ohan!

I would like to use the GPU for rendering, is that possible to do that? I downloaded a GPU monitoring app and when i running my app it shows that, the GPU doesn't work (only the CPU counting the objects), so how can i use the GPU for rendering?

My other problem is when i working with 1280x720 images, the processing is too slow (i5 CPU) and it only uses 1 core from out of 4. So my question that how can i make the program multi threaded? Or is that any kind of idea how can i increase the performance for higher resolution capturing?

At least there is another question. :) I solved the shadow problem for non-primitive models, but the shadow are too hard and it's resonating (with primitive models too, like in the domino game and tutorial 8). How can I make much smoother and non-resonating shadows?

I know that theese are so difficult questions, but if you can write it in few sentence, i will say "BIG THANKS" :)

Thanks for all the helps, You and Columbia University rocks! ;)

Nov 18, 2012 at 5:15 PM
Edited Nov 18, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Dear Ohan!

I solved this question:
"At least there is another question. :) I solved the shadow problem for non-primitive models, but the shadow are too hard and it's resonating (with primitive models too, like in the domino game and tutorial 8). How can I make much smoother and non-resonating shadows?"

Have you got any idea for the other problems? (GPU rendering or Multithreading)