Creating new ARTag marker set

Mar 2, 2009 at 5:42 AM
I want to create a new set of "toolbar" markers.

Is there any program or function to generate new marker sets for ARTag ? I'm aware of how the ARTag marker library works and the ARTag website says there's a generating function in the SDK rev2k but I've read the included docs and so far haven't found any clues yet. I guess I can copy-paste from the existing ground and toolbars to create new sets but still prefer a function to ease the process.
Coordinator
Mar 2, 2009 at 9:19 PM
You can generate new set of markers by providing the ID of the marker you want to generate.

You can find the marker creation project under ...\artag_rev2k_sdk_windows_1209\Sample_projects\visual_studio_2005\artag_create_marker .

ohan
Mar 30, 2010 at 4:52 AM

I run artag_create_marker and encountered the error "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail." I have checked the suggestion in Goblin XNA (http://goblinxna.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=48264) and downloaded the latest version of ARTag SDK, but error persists. I'm using VS 2008 professional edition. Can anyone please give me a hint how to solve this? Thanks!

Coordinator
Mar 30, 2010 at 4:01 PM

You're welcome to use ARTag, but since we don't use ARTag anymore (it's still supported in Goblin XNA, but we don't use it for our research anymore), I won't be able to support for ARTag related issues.

Ohan