This project is read-only.

Ah.... stuck with Newton again....

Jul 18, 2009 at 6:15 AM
Edited Jul 18, 2009 at 7:56 AM

Now I'm using Newton 1.53 as adviced, but again encountered another problem.

The section that uses Freeze something function had no problem now, but with some projects (tutorial) compiler says it can't load Newton.dll.

I'm using VS 2008 Profession, and the Newton.dll is in ~\GoblinXNA\bin as instructed.

Much strange is that some tutorials such as tutorial 5 (Simple Physics) just don't work without any error messages when compile time/runtime. The balls that are expected to bounce on the floor just stop still on the air.

Obviously this problem may as well related to Newton library's functionalities.

My question is, how can I figure out the place from where compiler references Newton.dll, or at least the place where Newton.dll supposed to be placed.

Thanks in advance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

p.s I encounter several AccessViolationException on GoblinXNA.dll when running tutorial 8 (Optical Marker Tracking). Is it OK to ignore them, or does it mean there are some problems in dll?

Jul 19, 2009 at 7:31 AM

Now I found out that there is some strange behavior depending on the version of Newton.dll.

If I use version 1.53, every tutorial that seem to use Newtion physics (SimplePhysics, Advanced Physics, Advanced features) just doesn't work. Even in debugging mode, I couldn't get any error/warning messages. Balls are on the air everlastingly.

In constrast when I use most recent version, 2.03, those above works well, but now as the interface of Newton.dll has changed, the function NewtonWorldFreezeBody() doesn't work on the tutorial 8 (optical marker tracking)

Is there any solution for this situation????

Jul 19, 2009 at 9:47 AM

Hmm... I finally solved those problems by recompiling everything from the ground. (Used XNA3.1, Newton 1.53, VS 2008 Professional) Don't bother to answer my questions.