This project is read-only.

WebCamera capture problem

Dec 24, 2009 at 6:55 PM

Hello,

First of all i'd like to congratulate for this great platform. You have done a very nice job that helps us a lot, thanks :)

Now to my problem, i use a VX-6000 camera which works great but when i set the resolution to 800x600 the image looks very weird. Here is a screenshot: http://mzervos.xelixis.net/img/Capture800x600.PNG

I have no problem when the resolution is 640x480 or less.

The same problem occurs with my Microsoft LifeCam Show web-camera on every resolution... It would be great if i could use this webcam since its much much better!

Am i doing something wrong, or is this a known bug or a limitation of the DirectX.Capture / DShowNet assemblies? Do you have any suggestions? Thank you very much and merry xmas :)

Coordinator
Dec 27, 2009 at 7:06 AM

Hi,

If the image looks weird, it probably means that it's not the supported resolution by your camera. 

Actually, I haven't tested all possible resolutions before, so there might be a bug in the code as well.

The larger the image you use for marker tracking, the slower the processing will be, so I usually just use 640x480 resolution.

I've never used Micrsofot LifeCam Show before, so I can't really tell what's exactly the problem is.

The best way to check is to use the CaptureTest project which you had to download for Goblin XNA installation.

If it works fine with CaptureTest using your specified resolution and the same resolution doesn't work with Goblin, then it's a bug in Goblin framework.

Please let me know if you find the exact resolution which works fine with CaptureTest, but doesn't work with Goblin, so I can fix the problem for the next release.

Ohan

Dec 27, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Hey, thanks for the reply.

The CaptureTest doesn't support 800x600 resolution at all, so i can't really test it. The only available ones are: 160 x 120, 320 x 240, 640 x 480 and 1024 x 768. So i guess it's not a Goblin XNA problem. I can use 800x600 on the Microsoft LifeCam application though. Anyway, it's not really important. 640x480 works fine.

About Microsoft LifeCam Show webcam. I tested it with CaptureTest and it works fine with resolutions 160x120, 320x240, 640x480 but all of them show the same weird image in Goblin XNA.

Coordinator
Dec 27, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Ok, thanks for the report, I'll check on that.

Ohan

Mar 13, 2010 at 5:21 PM
Edited Mar 15, 2010 at 4:25 AM

Hello,

well i bought vx-7000 webcam and i have problem near than this. But in my case, no resolution are function correctly. When i active my webcam appear a weired image, i don´t know how to fix it.

In this night will post the imagem with de wrong image captured by the webcam. 

Ah a tested with a CaptureTest program and works fine, i think the problem is with de Goblin plataform!

http://fan88.sites.uol.com.br/erro.jpg

Someone knows how to solve my problem?

Mar 15, 2010 at 5:15 AM

I found the solution. I just uninstall de Microsoft LifeCam and everything works fine. It´s a conflicto with a microsoft software. Hahha thanks!