Problem with new ARTagWrapper.dll

Jan 3, 2010 at 9:30 PM

Hello,

the Dll file is expired and I have downloaded the new Version from ARTag. I have removed the ARTagWrapper.dll file from the bin folder. If I run the Tutorial 8 then I get error message in ARTagTracker.cs by the Line 372

// try to initialize artag 
if(need_reinitialize)
   if (ARTagDllBridge.init_artag_wrapped(img_width, img_height, bpp) == 1)
   throw new MarkerException("ERROR: Can not initalize ARTag");
Error log:

System.DllNotFoundException was not treated.
  Message="The DLL \"ARTagWrapper.dll\": This application has failed to start because the side-by-side configuration is invalid. For more information, see the application event log. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1) can not be loaded. "  Source="GoblinXNA"
  TypeName=""
  StackTrace:
       by GoblinXNA.Device.Vision.Marker.ARTagDllBridge.init_artag_wrapped(Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 bpp)
       by GoblinXNA.Device.Vision.Marker.ARTagTracker.InitTracker(Object[] configs) in C:\Users\Serdar\Documents\Fallstudie I\Goblin XNA\goblinxna-31699\src\Device\Vision\Marker\ARTagTracker.cs:Line 372.
       by Tutorial8___Optical_Marker_Tracking.Tutorial8.SetupMarkerTracking() in C:\Users\Serdar\Documents\Fallstudie I\Goblin XNA\goblinxna-31699\tutorials\Tutorial8 - Optical Marker Tracking\Tutorial8.cs:Line 163.
       by Tutorial8___Optical_Marker_Tracking.Tutorial8.Initialize() in C:\Users\Serdar\Documents\Fallstudie I\Goblin XNA\goblinxna-31699\tutorials\Tutorial8 - Optical Marker Tracking\Tutorial8.cs:Line 91.
       by Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
       by Tutorial8___Optical_Marker_Tracking.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\Serdar\Documents\Fallstudie I\Goblin XNA\goblinxna-31699\tutorials\Tutorial8 - Optical Marker Tracking\Program.cs:Line 14.
  InnerException:

I have created a new folder and install Goblin again but I receive the same message.

Thanks in advance

Coordinator
Jan 4, 2010 at 1:44 AM

That probably means that the new ARTag wrapper has different API from the one we used to use. 

I never knew that Mark Fiala has updated his ARTag stuff.

We mostly work with ALVAR in our lab now, so I haven't touched ARTag for a while.

I may or may not have time to look into the new ARTag APIs since we probably won't use it for our research purpose now, and there is no priority.

If you prefer to continue on using ARTag, the best way is to check the new wrapped API of ARTag (it should be in one of their example), and modify the ARTagDllBridge.cs as well as ARTagTracker.cs in Goblin XNA.

Ohan