Interactity through markers

Feb 4, 2010 at 12:50 AM

HI

I dont know if this is a valid question or not but I was wondering if we could  react to markers as buttons, ie have multiple markers and then few could be used for  tracking and the rest as buttons?

Thanks

Coordinator
Feb 4, 2010 at 3:56 AM

You can simulate a button press using markers by hiding & showing the marker. But you need to be careful since the loss of tracking of the button marker may not necessary mean the user hid it.

Ohan

Feb 12, 2010 at 8:20 PM

Hi Ohan

Since Im taking in an array of  markers , how do i detect or hide  a marker within that ?

if (scene.MarkerTracker.FindMarker(2))
                {
                    Console.WriteLine("MARKER detectedr 2");
                }

does not seem to work ?

Coordinator
Feb 16, 2010 at 12:40 AM

Using Tutorial 8 as an example, even though marker IDs 0 through 27 are used for the ground marker array, you can create another MarkerNode that tracks a marker ID within this range (e.g., ID 1). Then you can check MarkerNode.MarkerFound property to see if that marker is detected.

You shouldn't call MarkerTracker.FindMarker yourself since it won't give you a reliable result. We internally call these methods in synchronized way. 

Ohan

Mar 5, 2010 at 8:28 PM
ohanoda wrote:

But you need to be careful since the loss of tracking of the button marker may not necessary mean the user hid it.

Ohan

can you suggest a way to improve this?, im taking a marker ARRAY OF 9 , and in this i add one of the markers to the scene and perform the interaction,