support

Feb 16, 2010 at 1:52 AM

Hi

Can i play a video in Goblin? Or do i have  to write a  node in the scene graph  to support video?

Or should I export a 3d model and apply texture(png sequences) to  it ?

Thanks

Coordinator
Feb 16, 2010 at 3:57 AM

What do you mean by playing a video? Playing video from live stream like webcam, or from a file like .mov or .mpeg?

If you're using webcam, then you can see Tutorial 8. If you want to render a video from a movie file, then XNA itself supports it, so you should check out XNA site.

Once you can stream from a file, then you can implement your own IVideoCapture class that takes in a movie file name and implement the interface methods.

There is also a virtual camera program (e.g., VCam<sup>TM</sup> from e2esoft) that takes in a video file and fake your system as if you're using a webcam.

Once you have the video image, you can render them on SpriteBatch if you want to render on the background, or on a polygon with texture if you want to render in a 3D rectangle somewhere in the world.

Ohan

Feb 18, 2010 at 2:46 AM

yes i mean a .wmv file

It plays fine but i am not able to see it ? How should i add it to the scene??

Coordinator
Feb 19, 2010 at 1:54 AM

If you want to render a video from a movie file, then XNA itself supports it, so you should check out XNA site.

Once you can stream from a file, then you can implement your own IVideoCapture class that takes in a movie file name and implement the interface methods.