Creating Markers

Feb 22, 2011 at 7:23 AM
Edited Feb 22, 2011 at 9:31 AM

Hi all,

I am new to goblin xna, and I am really confused on how to create my own markers using ALVAR as well as creating the layout using the one provided in goblin xna.  This is what I understand so far;

From alvar you create a .png file of your marker   (which i have done)

From goblin xna use the markerlayout to generate the .xml .txt as well as a .gif file .... how is this done?? (Do I build markerlayout because every time I do, it give me "unsafe" errors- LayoutManager.cs on lines 353 and 608 and ImageReader.cs line 348 or is it a class that i call)

But bottom line is I just want to create a marker array thats 1x4 (using alvar tag ids 101-103 ) and display the cube on it, similar to the one in tutorial 8 but instead of the ground array i am using my own.

Also I know this is a stupid question but since I am so confused right now, if your only tracking one marker do you need .xml the and .txt files because to my understanding you would just put in your marker ID in appropriate field below.

MarkerNode(IMarkerTracker, (int) markerID, (double) markerSize)

Thanks in advance,

Jay-ar

Coordinator
Feb 22, 2011 at 4:25 PM

We will have a tutorial about it soon

Ohan

Feb 23, 2011 at 1:58 AM

Thanks a lot for replying so quickly and thank you it would be helpful in the future