This project is read-only.

Marker Collision

Mar 21, 2011 at 2:09 AM

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any way to track the marker positions in the real world?  I am trying to build and interactive chess game for a school project, so I need to know when two markers are touching or are within a certain distance of each other. If anyone could help me with this that would be great!

Thank you!

Brittany

Mar 22, 2011 at 9:35 PM

Never mind, I just figured it out. :)

Mar 27, 2011 at 3:31 AM

We are having the same problem as like you.... Since you have figured it out... It would be very kind if you could share it with us...... (either explain it or send the code) :)

Coordinator
Mar 27, 2011 at 7:20 PM

For a distance, it's simply Vector3.Distance(markerNode1.WorldTransform.Translation, markerNode2.WorldTransform.Translation) assuming they have the same metrics.

If two of your marker configurations in the .xml or .txt does not match the correct scaling of the physical markers, then the above code will be incorrect.

Ohan 

Mar 27, 2011 at 7:27 PM
Thanx a lot for the kind reply. Goblin XNA is a awesome framework. Please keep on working and update the framework. We will try this collision method. Thanx alot sir for the reply.

On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 11:50 PM, ohanoda <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

For a distance, it's simply Vector3.Distance(markerNode1.WorldTransform.Translation, markerNode2.WorldTransform.Translation) assuming they have the same metrics.

If two of your marker configurations in the .xml or .txt does not match the correct scaling of the physical markers, then the above code will be incorrect.

Ohan

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (goblinxna@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email goblinxna@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

--
Thank you!
K.Raathigeshan