This project is read-only.

6DOF in goblin

Apr 12, 2012 at 4:15 PM

hi, 

is the principle of 6DOF(rotation and translation) used in goblin XNA? in which file .cs  can I get the 6DOF using my own camera?

I've read the maual guide of goblin but i have difficuilties in finding this aspect.

best regards

salvo

Coordinator
Apr 18, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Sorry, but I don't quite understand your question. Are you trying to find the camera pose relative to a maker?

Ohan

Apr 24, 2012 at 4:09 PM

yes, i'm trying to find the camera pose relative to the marker but i have a lot of difficulties to find it. There should be an "Update" method in which the program detects the position of the camera relative to a marker and it updates every time it changes, is it correct?

I thing there's something like this in scene.cs but i'm not so sure. 

best regards

salvo

Coordinator
Apr 24, 2012 at 7:07 PM

The marker transform is always relative to the camera. So your camera pose relative to the marker is simply an inverse of the marker transform (e.g., Matrix.Invert(markerNode.WorldTransformation)

Ohan

Apr 26, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Ok, thanks Ohan. But, if I would extract the cameraPose values through my own function and print them on the screen, should I Put the source code in dominogame.cs or in scene.cs? 

best regards

Salvo

Coordinator
Apr 27, 2012 at 4:30 PM

It's up to you, but design-wise, it's better to put in dominogame.cs. Unless it's really necessary, I wouldn't recommend changing the GoblinXNA framework codes since it'll be updated for additional functionality and bug fixes from time to time.

Ohan

Apr 27, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Ok, I'm going to put it into dominoGame.cs.

I saw that markerNode is a 4X4 Matrix. What are the components of this matrix? I supposed that one is position, one is direction and one is rotation of the camera. Might it be? However I can't understand what could it be the fourth component,

best regards

Salvo

Apr 28, 2012 at 7:23 AM

I am a final year student reading for the Software Engineering degree offered at Informatics Institute of Technology in collaboration with University of Westminster.Please fill this questionaire.

I am a final year student reading for the Software Engineering degree offered at Informatics Institute of Technology in collaboration with University of Westminster. I have developed an interactive Augmented Reality System for Virtual Dissecting of Human Stomach. The purpose of this application is to provide interactive learning experiences for dissecting a virtual 3D stomach while identifying the main parts which are inside the stomach. Users can use their hands to interact with the virtual stomach with the help of markers.

Please comment on the technology selection

Please be kind enough to fill the question air attached herehttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHhxU3FqNUZBc21SdDVmemVyZ3NpT1E6MQ

The prototype can be seen in this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAcKA7vCJ3I&feature=youtu.be

May 10, 2012 at 9:36 AM
Edited May 10, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Hi Ohan, how can I get the X Y Z values of camera position starting from the inverse matrix of markerNode? maybe i'm missing something.

best regards

salvo