AlvarWrapper2.0

May 8, 2012 at 2:34 PM
Edited May 9, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Hello all,

Alvar 2.0 already has markerless detector, has anyone use it?

I'm not very good in c++, trying to look AlvarWrapper1.5 source code and has no idea how to make the AlvarWrapper2.0. 

anyone kind to share?

May 9, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Looking at the AlvarWrapper1.5 project only have few lines codes.

but trying to understand and add alvar2.0 markerlessDectector is complicated.

is there any guidelines I can follow and learn on how to make AlvarWrapper2?

May 16, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Hi! I'm very interested in this discussion too. Recently I have read that they are going to publish the wrapper for ALVAR 2.0 (during May).
I guessed they was waiting for an stable version of the ALVAR 2.0 library. I hope they do it soon because it's a good tool for development.

Coordinator
May 18, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Just to let you know that we have already wrapped 2.0 including their feature-based tracker. We'll release it after they release their 'release' version since the compilation instruction will change quite a bit from their beta version. However, please be warned that as of beta version, the feature-based tracking is not very stable compared to their marker-based tracking. For ALVAR, I would suggest sticking with their marker-based tracking since it's much better than any other libraries, but for feature-based one, unless they will have lots of improvements for their actual release, I wouldn't say it's very useful.

May 30, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Hi Ohanoda, thank you for your good work and time !

I am also interested into testing Alvar 2.0 mixed up with Goblin XNA.

I would like to know when will AlvarWrapper2.0 be released ?

Thanks

Coordinator
Jun 1, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Just realized that they released non-beta version of ALVAR 2.0 on May 29th. I will release ALVARWrapper2.0 by the end of June, and it will work on VS 2010 so that you don't need to install VS 2008 anymore.

Ohan

Jun 1, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Alright thanks a lot !

Coordinator
Jun 27, 2012 at 8:22 AM

It's been released

Jun 27, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Thanks for the release !

I have problems trying to run Tutorial 8. I get the following error :

Unable to load DLL 'ALVARWrapper.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

I compiled ALVARWrapper2.0 following the Installation Guide directives and copied ALVARWrapper.dll in the unmanaged folder as mentionned.

Do you have any idea what could be the problem here ?

Coordinator
Jun 27, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Have you copied other dlls mentioned in the installation guide to appropriate folders?

Jun 27, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Thank you for your reply.

I did copy the libraries to the appropriate folders, but I double checked and noticed that I took the OpenCV libraries from the Alvar 2.0 installation instead than from the OpenCV 2.4 installation (the sizes are different). I changed them and it's now working properly !