This project is read-only.

Custom single marker layout tracking *

Jul 9, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Hello, 

Would first want to thank the team who have contributed in making this great framework.

I am a new developer using GoblinXNA and I am still familiarizing myself with it. 

Right now I am trying to make an application using single markers approach, and so far I think I have managed to create those single markers using the recommended "MarkerLayout Tool". What I get is the expected Xml and Gif files as an output.

I was wondring if anyone could guide me to the next steps as to how to link those newly generated single markers to Marker nodes correctly and start tracking them. I thought I have tried looking through the documentation but I am not sure this particular bit is detailed in there.

Thank you very much.

Jul 9, 2012 at 7:21 PM

If it helps this is the Xml file I get

ALVARConfigFromXML.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
<multimarker markers="1">
  <marker index="92" status="2">
    <corner x="0" y="-10.8" z="0" />
    <corner x="10.8" y="-10.8" z="0" />
    <corner x="10.8" y="0" z="0" />
    <corner x="0" y="0" z="0" />
  </marker>
</multimarker>
Thanks again

Coordinator
Jul 9, 2012 at 10:49 PM

For single marker tracking, you don't even need the MarkerLayout tool and the .xml file. It's for multiple marker tracking. You can simply pass the marker ID to the MarkerNode constructor for single marker tracking. I believe it's described in the user manual. Please read the MarkerNode section again.

Ohan

Jul 10, 2012 at 4:11 PM
Edited Jul 10, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Hey there,

oh cool thank you very much ohanoda. I kinda misinterpreted the "params" parameter at first.

so this is how it went:

MarkerNode groundMarkerNode = new MarkerNode(scene.MarkerTracker, 0);

You could just substitute the second parameter in the above constructor with an integer ranging (0-27) and representing a marker ID for one of the predefined markers stored in the following directory:

~\GoblinXNAv4.1\tools\MarkerLayout\bin\Debug\raw_markers\ALVAR 

That's pretty much probably the quickest way to do it I guess. Just thought to share in case it could aid anyone in the future.

Thanks again ohanoda, great work with GoblinXNA.