Problem with WindowsPhone solution

Aug 18, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Hello there,

When I finish linking the DLLs, the very last one is for the WindowsPhone is copying the MataliPhysics wp dll, but before that There is a Problem when I want to Rebuild the Project.

I keep getting this message when I rebuild, and it fails

Error	1	Feature 'optional parameter' cannot be used because it is not part of the 3.0 C# language specification\
D:\Documnets\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Goblin XNA\GoblinXNAv4.1\src\Helpers\AnimationHelper.cs	301	63	GoblinXNAWindowsPhone

Aug 18, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Huh! No Reply, but I found the Soultion in case a fellow Dev faces same issue!

1- Do This : 

To set this compiler option in the Visual Studio development environment

1. Open the project's Properties page.

2. Click the Build property page.

3. Click the Advanced button.

4. Modify the Language Version property.

Source 

Since the 1.8 is no more available, you need to change some methods for the  Latest Version:

I went through the History Page for Updates for mataliphysics:

This is What I found:

- Names of properties and methods in the PhysicsObject class:

* AddPhysicsObject -> AddChildPhysicsObject

And

- The CreatePlane method replaces the methods: CreatePlaneX, CreatePlaneY and CreatePlaneZ

For the CreatPlane This is how I resolved it :

case ExtraShapeType.Plane:
                               //Change
                                primitive.CreatePlane(new Vector3(physObj.ShapeData[0]), physObj.ShapeData[1]);
                                break;

Hope That Works for everyone facing same problem!

This project is way cool!

Coordinator
Aug 18, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Thanks for posting the solution!! Yes, we forgot to remove the optional argument stuff in the WindowsPhone project. For MataliPhysics, if you download the version mentioned in the installation guide, you won't have any problems. We can't catch up the new APIs since MataliPhysics update quite frequently. If you want to be trouble-free, please follow the version mentioned in the installation guide.

Ohan