This project is read-only.

Error with ARTagWrapper.dll

Feb 23, 2009 at 6:09 PM
I'm encountering a problem with Tutorial 8 :

Unhandled Exception: System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'ARTagWrapp
er.dll': The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. (Exception fro
m HRESULT: 0x800736B3)
   at GoblinXNA.Device.Vision.Marker.ARTagDllBridge.init_artag_wrapped(Int32 wid
th, Int32 height, Int32 bpp)
   at GoblinXNA.Device.Vision.Marker.MarkerTracker.InitTracker(Single camera_fx,
 Single camera_fy, String sArrayFilename) in J:\downloads\FYP2\GoblinXNA\src\Dev
ice\Vision\Marker\MarkerTracker.cs:line 293
   at GoblinXNA.SceneGraph.Scene.InitMarkerTracker(Single camera_fx, Single came
ra_fy, String sArrayFilename) in J:\downloads\FYP2\GoblinXNA\src\SceneGraph\Scen
e.cs:line 1533
   at Tutorial8___Optical_Marker_Tracking.Tutorial8.SetupMarkerTracking() in J:\
downloads\FYP2\GoblinXNA\tutorials\Tutorial8 - Optical Marker Tracking\Tutorial8
.cs:line 121
   at Tutorial8___Optical_Marker_Tracking.Tutorial8.Initialize() in J:\downloads
\FYP2\GoblinXNA\tutorials\Tutorial8 - Optical Marker Tracking\Tutorial8.cs:line
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
   at Tutorial8___Optical_Marker_Tracking.Program.Main(String[] args) in J:\down
loads\FYP2\GoblinXNA\tutorials\Tutorial8 - Optical Marker Tracking\Program.cs:li
ne 14

Unhandled Exception: System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'ARTagWrapp
er.dll': The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. (Exception fro
m HRESULT: 0x800736B3)
   at GoblinXNA.Device.Vision.Marker.ARTagDllBridge.close_artag_wrapped()
   at GoblinXNA.Device.Vision.Marker.MarkerBase.Dispose() in J:\downloads\FYP2\G
oblinXNA\src\Device\Vision\Marker\MarkerBase.cs:line 267
   at GoblinXNA.SceneGraph.Scene.Dispose(Boolean disposing) in J:\downloads\FYP2
\GoblinXNA\src\SceneGraph\Scene.cs:line 1878
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameComponent.Dispose()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Dispose()
   at Tutorial8___Optical_Marker_Tracking.Program.Main(String[] args) in J:\down
loads\FYP2\GoblinXNA\tutorials\Tutorial8 - Optical Marker Tracking\Program.cs:li
ne 14

May you suggest any way to fix this problem ? Thanks.
Coordinator
Feb 23, 2009 at 7:57 PM
Hi zzz47,

Actually, this is an issue with the ARTag distribution. We realized this problem a while ago, and asked Mark Fiala (the developper of ARTag) to fix this problem. The problem is that if you have only VS 2008 installed, it won't work because the ARTagWrapper.dll is not compiled under VS 2008, and it depends on some of the libraries included with VS 2005. If you have both VS 2005 & 2008 installed, then you won't see this error message. We have a solution for this, but we're waiting for Mark Fiala's response on this issue.

Thanks
Ohan
Feb 23, 2009 at 11:32 PM
Hi ohanoda,

The problem is that I'm having both VS 05 and VC# Express 08 installed on my PC, so the fact that this problem still crops up is quite a puzzle. Can you let me know your current solution to this problem ?

Thanks
Coordinator
Feb 24, 2009 at 8:19 AM
Hi zzz47,

Ok, then it sounds like it's just a linking error. Do you have the ARTagWrapper.dll in the /bin directory? If so, is the property of ARTagWrapper.dll in the solution explorer set to "copy if newer" in the output option?

The solution I mentioned before is that we wrapped the ARTag C++ library ourselves and compiled under VS 2008. Then the ARTagWrapper.dll works fine using standalone VS 2008 installation. But from what I see from the error message (I didn't see the error message in details before, so I assumed the problem was VS 2008 issue), it sounds like it's not this VS 2008 issue since it's a different error message. It sounds like a linking error.

ohan
Feb 24, 2009 at 12:04 PM
Hi ohanoda,

I've put the artagwrapper.dll in the bin directory since the very beginning (otherwise the error message will be "specified module not found", NOT "referenced assembly is not installed"), and I've changed its output property to "copy if newer" as you suggested, and still the same error message appears. I've also tried installing all the 2005 and 2008 redistributable packages but nothing has worked yet. Can you give me your copy of artagwrapper.dll then ? I need to get this up and running for a demo soon.

Thanks
Editor
Mar 13, 2009 at 8:11 PM
I'm having the same problem with ARTagWrapper.dll. It looks like the pathname is correct in the GoblinXNA code, and the ARTagWrapper.dll object within the project is also pointing to the right location. Finally, in the debug a file that ends with FileList.txt shows a list of translated (absolute) paths for libraries and other assets, and within their ARTagWrapper.dll is correctly pathed.

The only other similarity is that I only have the Visual Studio 2005 debugger, and I'm also running the C# Express Edition.

Colin
Coordinator
Mar 13, 2009 at 8:28 PM
Hi Colin,

This dll issue should be solved soon once Mark updates their distribution package with a .dll that works under VS 2008. If it's urgent to use the AR features in Goblin XNA, please contact me directly.

Thanks
Ohan
Mar 24, 2009 at 5:45 AM
Edited Mar 24, 2009 at 11:36 AM
Hi,

I'm having the same problem but i'm using vista 64, will it work on vista 64? I'll try to install VS 2005 too.
Coordinator
Mar 24, 2009 at 8:10 PM
Hi Tasso,

We've never tested under Vista 64, but theoretically, it should work. We've only tested under XP 32, XP 64, and Vista 32. Please let me know if it doesn't work.

Ohan
Mar 25, 2009 at 8:13 PM
I'm getting a somewhat similar problem running under Vista X64. I have VS2008 and have later installed VS2005 Express for good measure. The error I get is this:
Unable to load DLL 'ARTagWrapper.dll': The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)
I've run out of ideas... Any news on the new dll?

Regards
Michael
Coordinator
Mar 26, 2009 at 6:30 PM
For those who has problem with the ARTagWrapper.dll that came with the ARTag distribution, please contact me directly to resolve this issue.

Ohan
Mar 26, 2009 at 11:00 PM
Hi Ohan,

I installed VS 2005 and it worked, but when I run Tutorial 8 it shows that ARTag Dll is expired and I searched for a new version but I didn't find.

Tasso.
Coordinator
Mar 26, 2009 at 11:55 PM
Hi Tasso,

When did you download the ARTag SDK from http://www.artag.net/sdk_download/artag_sdk_download.php ? The SDK should be updated if you downloaded it after 2/1/2009. If you still have the code to download, please try to download an updated version.

Ohan
May 5, 2009 at 7:15 AM
hi,

can anyone please provide me artag sdk? on the web there are some issues or smat download currently not available.

please if anyone have it mail me on my email: mania_usi@hotmail.com

regards;
Uzy
Sep 13, 2009 at 3:37 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm checking in to see if the problem with the MS C# 2008 problem has been resolved. I'm having the exact same issue as Friism.

Thanks,

Ggilmann