Marker node problems

Oct 9, 2009 at 11:37 PM
Hi there, I am working in a augmented reality game and I have the following problem:

My program is a game, where all players move in an specific platform using their cameras to see the "world".
Initially, players saw what the computer camera was showing, detecting the different markers that were shown (shows a virtual object over each marker)
Then I tried to make an aditional view for the user (besides the "Camera View") that consists in a "Map view",
where the player sees from above the hole game platform. For this purpose, what I do is the following:

- When the user selects the "Map option", I save the 'Scene.RootNode' in an auxiliar variable.
- Then, I replace the Scene.RootNode for a new RootNode, where I add all the logic of the map view.
- Afterwards, when the user selects to go back to the "Camera View", I replace the scene.RootNode for the auxiliar variable.

However, when I´m trying my program, the following happens:

- The program starts by default in the "Camera View". I show a marker to the camera, and an object is shown above the marker (expected result).
- Then, I go to the "Map View", and everything is going as expected.
- Later, when I choose to go back to the "Camera View", I show the same marker to the camera, and the object is not there !!!!

I´ve debugged my project including the goblin library, and I noticed that the marker is recognized by the program, but it doesn´t shows the
spaceship associated to that marker.
Also, this happens only to objects that are beside marker nodes because an object with only transform nodes above it doesn't have this problem and are shown allways,
as should be.
Any idea why? Is there anything I have to do when I give the scene a new RootNode that allready has a "node tree" below it, and in this "tree" there are marker nodes?

Thank you for your time!
Coordinator
Oct 10, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Thanks for letting me know the problem. 

I've never tested replacing the root node that contains a marker node, but probably there is something that I never thought of.

I'll try what you did, and see if I can fix the problem.

Hopefully, I can include the fix in v3.3 which is expected to be released by the end of next week.

Ohan

Coordinator
Oct 15, 2009 at 8:38 PM

Hi,

Sorry, but I didn't have time to look into the problem yet, so it's not included in the v3.3, but I will update when I fix the problem.

Ohan

Oct 16, 2009 at 1:02 AM

Ok, thank you anyway. I'll be waiting for that update ;)