DLL files disappearing in GoblinXNA 3.3

Oct 27, 2009 at 8:49 PM
Edited Oct 27, 2009 at 8:52 PM

I'm having some issues with DLLs when compiling the tutorial projects: the DLL files in the bin folder often disappear entirely when I build/rebuild the tutorials (I had to make a backup bin folder to readd them manually each time), and some tutorials often don't work even after - apparently - compiling correctly (they become unable to find components from these DLLs and throw exceptions, so I have to readd the libraries and recompile hoping for the best). It's seemingly random (sometimes they work perfectly and sometimes they don't), and which DLL files disappear seems random too.

Any idea about what might be the cause? I'm using Windows Vista 64 bit, might this be related to the issue?

Thanks in advance.

J.

Oct 27, 2009 at 10:03 PM

I had the same issue in XP 32 bit. I unzipped the GoblinXNA zip into another folder, recompiled my libraries really carefully, and the problem went away.

I suspect that the issue had something to do with the fact that I downloaded multiple versions of Newton, ALVAR and OpenCV. I troubleshot it by compiling and running the tutorials one at a time, and seeing which components flipped out.

Be sure to use the versions of Newton, OpenCV and ALVAR that are indicated in the Install instructions (although i managed to get ALVAR 1.2.0 working).

Good luck!

_C

Coordinator
Oct 27, 2009 at 10:18 PM

If you do "Rebuild" or "Clean", it will remove the DLLs included in the project, and try to re-add them.

The problem is that I made all tutorials to be generated in the /bin directory, and usually, the necessary dlls should be moved to another directory so that VS can copy them from that folder to where the .exe will be generated. I guess I'm using a bad file structure, and I'll consider changing it for the next release. 

If you don't want this disappear behavior, you should change the project settings for each of the tutorials to be generated in another folder which is not /bin directory. 

Ohan

Oct 28, 2009 at 2:37 AM

Thanks to both, I'll try changing the project settings to use another folder.